View Single Post
Old 06-04-2022, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
None of us are too interested in mid-70's pennants, but I thought I'd share a few pages from a catalog a buddy gave me yesterday...Pep Line?
Never heard of anybody d/b/a "Pep Line 75."

But, at first glance, those photo pennants screamed ASCO. You can even see ASCO's mark on that red Ft. Myers pennant, bottom left corner (arrow through circle)!

So I went back and found a 1976-dated ASCO pennant scan I saved ... and noted one or two similarities, which I think you'll spot despite the blurry nature of my scans below!

If I had to guess, I'd say Pep Line was a distributor of other pennant makers' products--at least when it came to licensed merch. In this case, it looks like they were distributing Trench-made NFL pennants; and ASCO-made photo pennants. They probably specialized in the production of other school products, like pinbacks, pom poms, and maybe chenille letters made for high schools markets.

Rob, do we know where this company was located? Ny guess is there's an address somewhere in there where you mail your order to?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2022-06-04 184315.jpg (55.9 KB, 368 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2022-06-04 184252.jpg (60.9 KB, 372 views)

Last edited by Domer05; 06-04-2022 at 09:15 PM.