View Single Post
Old 02-15-2021, 01:04 AM
J0hn H@rper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurri17 View Post
Congrats! That connection to childhood memories is the heart of the hobby (even as it has moved on to these crazy times). '71 Topps football was the very first set I bought packs of and seriously collected as a kid, I was seven. I was a '70s kid as such, six through sixteen, and those were my collecting years. But, despite being my first, I never loved the '71 set until a few years ago. I was rebuilding all of the '70s and had gotten back to the '71s and picked up a large lot that was in amazing shape. As I tried to maintain the quality of the set, the chase and such, I fell in love with it. She was my first, and I finally came back to her haha. The Jake Scott and Dick Anderson are personal favorites, but Sayers, Starr, Dawson, Unitas etc., tons of great stars.

Hope it arrives soon for ya.
Our situation and timeline are about identical, except mine is a decade later

Mentioned the '81 childhood FB cards above, and those were my first ones. When I started high school and got back into collecting at the end of the '80s, the best card I found in my old stash was a Montana rookie. I still have it and remember how cool it felt to uncover again.