View Single Post
Old 06-29-2015, 05:45 AM
Mi_ch.ael Bo,rk_in

Default Upcoming Raider Super Bowl ring at SCP Auction

Just for the record, this is not my ring and I have no affiliation with this upcoming Super Bowl XVIII ring.

Just wanted to mention that this could be a good value ring for those looking to acquire a real super bowl ring.

The last couple of years have seen a lot of 1983 Raider Super Bowl rings sell in the hobby and that could help lower the final price on this item.

For some inexplicable reason, many more Los Angeles Super Bowl XVIII rings have come to market and sold recently than the Raider's two previous Super Bowl rings from 1976 and 1980.

I have no explanation for this, and all but one of them had the authentic and almost impossible to-fake manufacturers stamp.

Keep in mind that the Raiders awarded about the same number of championship rings during their three title seasons, so you think that you would see more balance between the versions that come to the market.

As you would expect, looking at the prices realized at auction over the last two years, prices have been going down for the 1983 Super Bowl ring. The reason is Supply and Demand.

As more collectors, looking to purchase this ring acquire it, less championship ring collectors are willing to pay "any price" to acquire the Super Bowl XVIII ring.

A player Super Bowl XVIII ring sold at auction in February for a very reasonable price of $26,620.00. Then another player ring sold at auction for $21,330.00.

That ring, had a controversy - their was no marking inside in the ring, however, the player clarified that the ring was authentic and given to him by the Raiders.

The latest ring coming up in SCP auctions is a "Doctor's ring", not a player ring, so look for the final price to be lower; maybe significantly lower, as collectors much rather have a player's ring.

This is not a dig or insult to SCP auctions, the lower price would happen to any auction house, as about 6 or 7 of these Super Bowl XVIII rings have sold in the last year or two.

If you are looking to purchase a super bowl ring, this could be a very good deal.