View Single Post
Old 04-20-2020, 12:53 PM

Question Would appreciate advice on best route to sell autographed baseballs passed-on to me

Hello everyone.

I have 7 baseballs passed-on to me from my Uncle/Grandfather. One of the balls is just stamped; not real autographs. So 6 balls, one from my Uncle which I am unsure of, 5 from my Grandfather that I know are authentic as he worked security for stadiums/arenas in the NYC area in the 60's era. Obviously I know me saying that means nothing and the balls would still have to be authenticated at some point. The ball from my Uncle, was given to me by my Aunt when he passed. This ball says to Robert (his name) so this was given to him at some point. I'd assume this is authentic as well, but have no idea really.

From what I understand these balls are Mets, Dodgers, Giants from the 1960's. There are some team balls as well as possible autographs from Willie Mays, Ted Williams, Koufax, Seaver, Drysdale, Snider, etc.

I want to sells these balls to someone who can appreciate them. This is where I am uncertain on what to do. Do I have the balls authenticated? That will cost money and then when I sell them will I make anything substantial minus the authentication fees? Is it possible to sell them here or somewhere else without me paying for authentication? I know there are forums here to sell, eBay of course. But will someone buy these balls with authentication?

Anyway, I appreciate any feedback. I will add a link to an album of the balls. The first 9 photos are of the ball from my Uncle. Next is the stamped ball and then all the remaining photos are of the 5 balls from my Grandfather.

Here is the link - https://photos.app.goo.gl/K5aAvGG2AZTqdVgg9