View Single Post
Old 12-09-2004, 04:21 AM
Administrator

Default WHAT IS THE KEELER ROOKIE

Posted By: PASJD

Perhaps Andy who seems to have a good relationship would care to relay these as well as MW's: Why to date have you not disclosed to the public your relationship with the "outside conservator" and why does your catalog not include, for each item the conservator "cleaned" or "stabilized," a description of precisely what services were rendered and the extent of them? Has this merely been an oversight? Will you make full disclosure in the future? Are there any other items in the current auction on which similar services were performed? The issue here is not simply what Doug/Mastro consider acceptable (see Doug's email reprinted by Andy) the issue is DISCLOSURE. As any lawyer will tell you, it is deceitful to sell an item while concealing a known, MATERIAL fact. Materiality in legal terms means something a reasonable buyer would consider important to the total mix of available information. In my judgment, what was done to the Keeler was "material" and intuition tells me the same is true with respect to other items. I, and I would guess others, would be quite interested in the response.