Thread: Babe Ruth
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2022, 09:23 AM
Jeremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatkidfromjerrymaguire View Post
Careful Rad_Hazard...modern cards with bat and jersey cuts in them aren't always viewed too positively around here.

From the sketchy provenance to the destruction of sacred memorabilia, just owning one might get you banned from Net54.

But if they kick you out, they'll have to send me with you...I personally think they're cool. Getting to own a piece of bat used by Babe Ruth for the fraction of the cost of a playing days card? Yes please! Here's the one I picked up a few years ago....I love it (not as much as I love my vintage w517 and 1935 Goudey cards posted earlier in this thread....but I think it's pretty awesome).
Yikes! I didn't even think about negative reactions to memorabilia cards. Good to know.

That is a beautiful Ruth bat card! Just as you said, owning a piece of history for a fraction of the cost is very appealing.