View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 07:53 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Wow

Wow, I have been on this board since inception, which is around 10 yrs. I have always thought I was one of the only ones with my view of baseball today. I don't care for it at all. As I have always said (for the last 25 yrs anyway) there are no baseball players I really like. And if there is "one" (I can't think of one right now) then it's not enough for me to go back to watching today's major league baseball. I can't stand the way the players are overpaid, whining babies. That is at the heart of it. If you don't like the players on the cards, or the MLB itself, it makes you less likely to collect them.

I guess if I could change the rules and make it where I might collect again, I might make 1 set of TOPPS, with 750'ish cards, 10 cards to a pack for a dollar...with a piece of gum in it and issued in 3 series. Not gum that tastes any good but gum that won't make you sick and has some white sugary powder on it. Make mine kind of brittle, like it used to be. But then again I am probably just being nostalgic, longing for those summers in Houston, of the late 1960's, listening to the Astros on the radio in my front yard with the next door neighbor; Spitting sunflower seed shells into the green grass, with nary a worry in the world. Oh those days of summer....Fond memories.