View Single Post
Old 11-18-2020, 04:42 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Cards View Post
I may be narrow minded, but I won't touch any of the cards being put out now.
I focus on vintage now, for myself. But I'm trying to get my son involved, and so I've begun to go modern again. I want him to purchase cards of players he is seeing every day on TV. I bought a Mike Trout RC, and in a few years I'll probably give it to him. He is interested in the Astros, and he likes my memorabilia I have in my case, so I bought him some Funko Pop Astros. Picked up a couple Astros RC from my LCS. And then I splurged on two Kyle Lewis RC, which I'll probably give to him in a couple years as well. I decided to buy him Topps complete sets rather than introduce him to packs because I can't afford packs now - like another contributor pointed out. I wanted to get him a couple jumbo packs of Topps for his Christmas Stocking and the hobby packs were $30! I couldn't believe it. I could buy a complete set for the same amount as two jumbo packs which would probably yield an auto or relic card of a minor star.

It was fun to watch him go through the first Topps complete set. He organized them by team and was learning team names. He is into building reptile habitats in his room from stuffed animals, and when he came across the Arizona Diamonbacks, they instantly became one of his top favorite teams. I wish I could find every game from the 2001 WS, so he could see one of the best WS of my lifetime.
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo

Last edited by todeen; 11-18-2020 at 04:51 PM.