Thread: Cross Registry
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2021, 06:13 AM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
Really best executed by one of the existing grading companies and a 10 is a 10 is a 10.

I am perplexed that one of them hasn't realized the primary reason PSA is the market leader is solely due to the registry (imho).

I have more amazing ideas as to how one of the existing grading companies could actually use this to significantly enhance their own business.
And then all the cards in a given set would need to be crossed over to that specific TPG, and THEY would thus have the collector by the kahunas.

I'm pro-collector and would love to see a bunch of guys on this site, with someone like Leon in the lead, launch a TPG-independent registry, with the collector in mind - not just another method for a TPG to grab a stranglehold and additional revenue stream.

If some guys from this site banded together, formed an LLC, launched a new, multi-TPG graded registry, it would exist as a free-floating (i.e. independent) entity from the TPG companies. There would be a symbionic relationship with net54 of course, to the benefit of all, with this site promoting the registry and the registry promoting this site, and advertisers on both benefiting similarly.

When you suggest another registry owned by a different TPG company, you're suggesting the collecting community bow down to another dominating master.

I'm suggesting liberation from that paradigm.