View Single Post
Old 05-05-2020, 05:14 AM
Mike Oberl@nder

It looks to me that the label is using PSA's registered trademark. So, either PSA authorized the use of its trademark (I certainly hope not) or PSA could seek to enforce its rights against the counterfeit goods (not the card, the counterfeit use of its trademark). Just my unpaid-for legal analysis.

And, if PSA doesn't seek to enforce its rights then its trademark will lose its value and at some point PSA may not be able to prevent others from using it. So, if PSA doesn't seek to enforce its rights then perhaps we can assume that either 1) the use was authorized, or 2) PSA is no longer interested in protecting its trademark. Someone who submits cards to PSA (not me) should be interested in neither being the case (either PSA is allowing its name to be used with a fake card or PSA's brand is so weak that anyone can insert a flip using PSA's trademark and so your graded cards won't be able necessarily to be linked to the "real" PSA). So, someone should bring this to their attention and let's await the lawsuit.

Last edited by Koufax32fan; 05-05-2020 at 05:19 AM.