View Single Post
Old 08-11-2002, 12:49 PM
Administrator

Default Sellers and their class.

Posted By: warshawlaw

like their fine rides, their ultimate sex and their big muscles, it is because the most important muscle of all is a little, anemic, barely functional, twisted thing . . . or maybe they just have small dingdongs.

Which reminds me of an incident at the last show I went to. Here in LA, we have a pretty good card show monthly in Van Nuys. Last time around, the producers of a new "fake reality tv" show involving Jerry Seinfeld took a table at the show to promote sales of Mickey Mantle's toenail clippings. The idea was sort of a cross between candid camera and a tv news magazine, to see how real people reacted to ludicrous situations. Anyhow, there is this obnoxious guy who comes to the show every month, you are very familiar with the type by now, always bragging about his Mercedes cars, his great collection (this turkey even claims to have paid $600,000 for the ruby slippers from Wizard of Oz), his big income, and his 'ho's, and reacting like Saddam Hussein on PCP whenever challenged. Nevermind that in reality he dresses like a sterno bum, drives a junker, and never spends more than a few dollars. This guy totally got into it with these tv folks (he thought the table was legit) and went through his whole insane rant with them about his cars, all the strippers he ___s, and his collection of memorabilia. Afterwards, they clued him in and asked him to sign a release to use his interview. He refused and had a fit, because he realized just how stupid he sounded talking about his pair of Mercedes, all of the women he picks up at the Spearmint Rhino Gentlemen's Club, his studly job and his unparalleled memorabilia collection. They even offered him good bucks (they went as high as $500) but he would not sign the release. I can't wait to see the show this fall on NBC (and no, I have no affiliation with it, I just thought it was funny as heck).

Just goes to show you what a nice dose of exposure to reality can do to these types. Besides, anyone stupid enough to brag about his great stuff in public with total strangers is just asking for a home invasion robbery. Really wealthy people try to keep a low profile.