View Single Post
Old 03-18-2023, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbjerry View Post
This was an interesting thread to read through. Pretty amazing how y’all put this sheet together. As a relative newbie I came away with a couple of questions. One, are the “tough high numbers” just the last series printed? Or can it include the last few series? Two, what makes the high numbers/last series more scarce? Three, how does a cards position in a sheet impact its scarcity or conditional rarity? Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1. Yes, just the last series of a set. 2. There are some cases where a lower series in a certain year is scarcer or just as scarce as the high series, 1957 and 1963 are two that I can think of. 3. Topps would release fewer baseball cards in the fall because kids were switching over to football, basketball, and hockey cards. 4. I'm no expert on that but I have heard others say that edge cards and especially corner cards were more susceptible to damage during the sheet cutting process.

Last edited by Cliff Bowman; 03-18-2023 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Missed a word