View Single Post
Old 01-21-2023, 07:51 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

In case anyone is still paying attention, here's a reverse image of the card that really highlights how blatant the cropping around his head is. Wish I could locate the source photo.

1973mccovey410reversed.jpg

And it gets a little weirder (as I continue down the rabbit hole). Here's an aerial view of Candlestick from the era...

candlestickparkfromabove.jpg

Look behind the 'wall' in right centerfield. See the one angled ramp-looking thing closest to the fence? Now look to the right of the fielder in the reversed picture of the McCovey card above. The bottom of one of those angled things (presumably) is in view and it's oriented the same way now...in a REVERSED pic (thus, in the original pic it would be going the wrong way)!!! Is it possible that a reversed random pic was used for the outfield section? The Reds right fielder was most likely Pete Rose, who threw righty. The reversed player seems to have a mitt on his left hand. I dunno. If there's no reversal, then perhaps it was Bobby Tolan (or possibly lefties César Gerónimo or Joe Hague depending on the year of the picture) either playing in right or positioned in right as part of the McCovey shift.

Man, I gotta stop. Occam's razor, Occam's razor!! Nothing weird to be found here. It's just a blurred out airbrushing job.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.

Last edited by JollyElm; 01-21-2023 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Added Hague and Gerónimo to the equation