View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 03:30 PM
PWCC Marketplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjohnsonsoxfan View Post
Would love to hear from Brent at PWCC who does this for a living what he thinks about these bid retractions. Why so many for some of these bidders? What are the circumstances around using them? Just trying to get my head around justifying the legitimacy of both bidders with super high percentage of bids with one seller AND lots of retractions.
I've posted a few times on bid retractions in the past and also posted again on the T206 Plank thread to discuss it further. For those who are not reading every thread I'll comment here again:

Bottom line, bid retractions are a simple but serious problem with the eBay system and we are working as hard as is humanly possible with eBay to have them update their software and bring about better control. Ebay has rules, and they simply don't enforce them.

For us, we report each and every bid retraction we receive to eBay Trust & Safety. Those in violation are warned and then suspended by eBay if the action occurs again. This is nowhere near good enough.

One point I want to convey is while some bidders may have 5, 10, 20+ bid retractions over the last year, none or at least very very few of those are with PWCC Auctions. We monitor the IDs of members who inappropriately retract bids if we see that act more than once the bid is blocked. if the bid retraction appears to be manipulative (i.e. to expose a high bid, etc) we block that user immediately on the first offense.

The biggest problem is that most users don't know they are breaking the rules. Sure, they probably regret retracting a bid, but without any punishment the act of bid retractions becomes something of a habit. I frequently get the 'I didn't know I was breaking any rules' response when we confront a bidder on their first offense.

Again, we are working with eBay on this topic and hope to have some positive progress later this year. Once we have something concrete we'll announce it on the boards.

Regards,

Brent Huigens
PWCC Auctions