View Single Post
Old 05-09-2021, 08:26 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Complicated subject. A few random thoughts.

One, it just bothers me to see all these politicians urging people to do all this stuff to mitigate the impact of the virus (most of which I agree with by the way) while being terrified of and in many cases supported by the tobacco lobby and not ever speaking up about the dangers of smoking. Maybe it's apples to oranges but something doesn't sit well.

Two, there are things we could do short of banning cigarettes, I think. Better education about the dangers (I mean, you don't hear a word about it ever any more, but you hear 24 7 about the coronavirus). Better measures to protect children against second hand smoke in the home. More help to people trying to quit.
In a way you are bascially asking to cure stupid. And no team of scientists is preventing that.

As far as smoking goes, they've raised the prices so high that if you want to smoke you're basically gonna go broke, or pay an arm. They raised the age to buy them to 18, so it's not like you are selling to "kids". I know middle schools and high schools have signs up regarding smoking and vaping and the harms of it. You got commercials with goons with no jaws and pulling their teeth out. You basically are being told this WILL happen to you, you will get lung cancer, you will get emphazima (sp), you will die!

If after all that, people still want to smoke, go back to my first sentence or 2.