View Single Post
Old 05-09-2021, 08:16 AM
R@nda!! H@hn

I haven't really been reading this thread but I wanted to mention a couple things.

Most of my family are not vaccinated. Some are close to being denyers of the pandemic. I try to be more middle of the road and evaluate both sides. I work in a large factory and up until 5 weeks ago we didn't have too many issues. A few people got it but got over it. Then a nice lady who works there got it and died within 3 days. I actually saw her on her last day there and did notice she didn't look well. I found out she had diabetes like myself and it really made me think. Most people who die tend to have other health factors and I do.

Then a friend at work, also a denyer, told me his father went to Florida and now had covid. He died within 5 days. My friend did a complete 180 and within a week had his whole family vaccinated.

So now I am really thinking about what to do. I don't really put myself in danger as I am not a people person and do not socialize much. I generally go straight home after work. Order food delivered a lot. But still go food shopping once a week. Sometimes at 6 am to avoid people.

Last Friday I decided to stop by a big grocery store to pick up a Mothers Day card (she's 88 and my sister did get her vaccinated as well as herself since they live together) and a few items. As I am walking down the aisles I heard an announcement, "any customer that wants to get a Covid19 vaccinationation can walk up to the pharmacy. No appointment necessary". So I decide to see how many people took them up. I walk over and no one is there. I know if they don't use up the vaccine it can go to waste. So I say to myself, if they have the one and done type I will get it. Guess what? One and done Johnson and Johnson. So I said OK I will do it. I figured it was a sign. Took about 5 minutes of paperwork and they asked me to come back in 15 to show I was feeling OK. So far everything is fine. But I still wonder if in a year from now it will be like "I Am Legend" LOL

Baseball's hard. You can love it but it doesn't always love you back. It's like dating a German chick...
Billy Bob Thornton-Bad News Bears