View Single Post
Old 11-23-2020, 06:00 AM
Matt

It's certainly trickier than one would think at first blush. It's hard for an AH business to take a knee-jerk action based on anonymous posts on random message boards. Unfortunately in society today, most anonymous internet posting is usually drivel or toxic invective.

That said, obviously such a business also wouldn't want to sell a card that has indeed slipped past the TPG goalie.

I'd therefore hope an AH would have in-house experts who take a long hard look at any purported evidence, and also consult with the TPG, then make a determination. If the hypothetical card is determined trimmed by the TPG and AH experts, the TPG should intercede and take it back. In the event the AH and TPG disagree with each other after examination, with the AH convinced and the TPG upholding the grade, I'd hope the AH would tell the card's owner that it would like to either pull the card or amend the description. If I ran the AH, I'd pull the card; there are enough lots in an auction where I wouldn't need or want a questionable apple in there.

Last edited by MattyC; 11-23-2020 at 06:05 AM.