View Single Post
Old 11-22-2020, 02:52 PM
(DJ) Rich.ard.s

I think B or C are appropriate, but I would say it also depends on discussions with the consignor. With new information, the consignor may not want to go though with the sale as that could result in them suffering a loss. Instead they may want to pursue something with the TPG. Conversely, the consignor may still want to go through with the auction and then the AH must disclose the evidence of the alteration. Not disclosing the alteration is completely wrong and banning the consignor just doesn't make sense cause they could have bought the card in good faith based on the TPG grade and have nothing to do with creating the alteration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
Just returning the cards to the consignor to be resold a different way as unaltered doesn't cut it.
John, while I like this idea in theory, I can't see any AH opening themselves up to potential liability by doing so. The AH is not the owner of the card so if they aren't returning it in the same condition they received it, I could see someone making an argument that the AH damaged (lowered the value) of the card by removing it out of the TPG case without the owners permission.
E92 Red Crofts - Anyone especially Barry, Shean, and Evers