View Single Post
Old 04-07-2023, 01:35 PM
J@mes In.gram

Update...

Made a local trade with a previous trading partner...the last of my 1960-61 Topps duplicates, and a few not so duplicate, for his 1962 duplicates. Also made a few eBay purchases, yes, even Dean's Cards! Picked up Rookie Parade Catchers and Infielders, Berra, McCovey, Kaline, Banks, Perry and Brock rookies, and a bunch of other commons. He also threw in a 5 cent wax pack wrapper in decent condition. Now up to 422 out of 598. The Kaline is the green tint variation. Believe it is the only green tint in all my cards to this point. I am not out to acquire variations, it just worked out that way with Kaline. Had a spare binder and a bag of 9 pocket pages, so I put the American League and National League teams together, best I can with what I have so far, separated in the middle by League Leaders, Babe Ruth, and World Series, and put all 7 checklists in the back. I put the teams in each league in the order they finished the 1962 season. Surprised to see how well the Twins and Angels did in 1962. I think I have now surpassed what my neighborhood pal Dolph Belton gave me all those years ago, and that I left at home for my mom to get rid of before these cards became so valuable. Let me just say, I am a big fan of the wood-paneled 1962 Topps baseball cards.

Successful net54 purchases from/trades with:
Tere1071, Bocabirdman, 8thEastVB, GoldenAge50s, IronHorse2130, Kris19, G1911, dacubfan, sflayank, Smanzari, bocca001, eliminator, ejstel, lampertb, rjackson44, Jason19th, Cmvorce, CobbSpikedMe, Harliduck, donmuth, HercDriver, Huck, theshleps

Completed 1962 Topps
Completed 1969 Topps deckle edge
Completed 1953 Bowman color & b/w
*** Raw cards only, daddyo! ***