View Single Post
Old 04-27-2022, 01:14 PM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
That's a story worth hearing.

It's not like there's going to be another Tim Burke thread started anytime in the near future.
Lol.
I don't think any of our MABL/MSBL teams were entering, so we were free agent fill-ins because a lot of teams from around the country had incomplete rosters due to the time/cost involved. I think I was picked up by Cobb County Georgia as a P/OF.

I say 1993, but it may have been later, because of the by-laws that said a player had to be out of professional ball for a certain amount of time and he hadn't technically met that. But they made an exception, which wasn't unusual.

Walk, two outs, and then an error by the shortstop on an attempted FC, got me to the plate. 1st pitch on the fists, then 2 sinkers away for balls. Not sure if I hit a high sinker or a fastball that didn't get in enough. Left centerfield no-doubter.

Hit another one later in the game off of some guy.