View Single Post
Old 04-20-2022, 07:48 AM
James M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Obviously tickets have exploded, aided significantly by Darren Rovell on Twitter at least with respect to modern stuff. Do tickets keep rocking upwards, or was the ticket bump largely a product of the 2021-covid mania and people turning to something other than cards to "invest" in? I think the answer might vary on what tickets/stubs you are talking about, but interested in people's views. I can see both the bullish case and the case that maybe things have already cooled off in all but a few areas (i.e., Tom Brady, some basketball guys, etc.) Sort of amazing to me how a Mickey Mantle card will sell in a day for $300,000, but a significant Mantle ticket stub will languish on Ebay for months at $3000.

I know there are some huge ticket collectors here, and many of them couldn't care less about selling or skyrocketing prices; just curious as to where the market is heading.

Does a Juan Soto or a Ronald Acuna first game ticket really mean much to anyone today?
I know next to nothing about the ticket market, I think the people that collect tickets do not necessarily have to worry about stubs being turned into NFT's or the ticket of Mantle's first world series home run, becoming part of some quasi-etf.

I will say that a ticket to Soto or Acuna's first game, to me, might be worth more than a card of theirs. With so many RC's of them floating around, the ticket stubs itself, are more finite. Not to mention with the move of so many things to digital, I'd imagine there's less of them to go around.

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.