View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 04:42 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Default Seeking Autograph Grading Input

I'm thinking of sending some autographed cards in to get authenticated. Most of these cards were gotten through the mail a few decades ago, while others came from other people/collections over the years (Brooks Robinson and one or two others were gotten in person). (Issues with PSA aside) Which of these cards do you think I should send in?

Background info. I'm not looking to sell anything at the moment (unless I have doubles), but know somewhere down the road I will eventually do so. Personally, I don't care about grading either the cards (most of the time, I sent out weak cards to hedge my bets in case the addressees didn't send them back) or the autograph itself. I think just a tag of a 'authentic' would be wise. Is that the case? Cost is always a factor, of course. The Kalines and others are seemingly $20 apiece (before whatever fees are added on), while Carter and others are a little more. Ted Williams is pretty pricey at $75, considering you could seemingly pick things up on ebay pretty cheaply.

I definitely would like to get some or all of the rookie cards authenticated, and I know some will say the Mays is his wife or whatever, so I'll stay away from him, sadly. Assuming they are actually authentic, which of these cards would you feel personally are a MUST to get slabbed (for present or future value)??

All sorts of opinions welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.