View Single Post
Old 10-27-2022, 08:18 AM
Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
Thank you all for the comments and opinions.

As Andrew and I investigate this, and also taking into consideration comments, a few things have become clear:

1. The Spring Chantilly show is over Spring Break for Andrew's kids, so that date is a non-starter.

2. Hotels are expensive and offer few (if any) amenities/benefits.

THUS, it is looking like we will be doing this, on Saturday February 20th, at Andrew's golf club in Ashburn (very close to Chantilly). The club has a 1600sf room, can set up tables however we want, a restaurant and bar that accepts credit cards, is safer (in that randoms cannot and will not just walk into a gold club), and is reasonable enough that we will not have to charge for the room -- so it will be a free event (except you pay for food and drink). I think we will open it to all eras, sports, and media types (photos etc), with a focus on prewar baseball, and we will OUTLAW anything newer than 1979 in baseball and 1985 in all other sports.

This is not in stone, but likely how it will shake out. So pencil into calendars now.

I will start a new thread if/when the event is finalized, at which point you can mark it in pen in calendars.
Just a heads up Feb 20th is a Monday, assuming this is a typo.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk