Thread: Vaya con dios
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 10:33 AM
Administrator

Default Vaya con dios

Posted By: Chris

Adam,
This type of thing was precisely what I was talking about in my post "This board could be so much better". I felt like what you said was probably not the best choice for comparison but hey, you are human like all of us. I am sure it did offend some people but I am also sure you did not intend to do that. I also feel like some took it as a chance to belittle someone intentionally. We all make mistakes and I just feel it is always better to forgive and be nice than attack. Unfortunately in my post most seemed to think it was "normal" for these types of heated discussions and sadly I guess that has become normal in our world. Do you guys really think Charles Bray and Jefferson Burdick got into these types of heated discussions? I would guess not. Sure they may have disagreed on things but my guess is they mostly kept it civil and friendly. Sure we can disagree on things but let's live by the old agree to disagree saying instead of fighting until we insult someone for having a difference of opinion. I still feel like if people made a little more of an effort to respect other's opinions more and realize we all make mistakes it would be a much better place. I personally didn't read anything here for quite sometime because of all the negativity. There was a thread about being glad to be a vintage collector that turned into a discussion on how to build the hobby. Most seemed to be of the opinion that it was a tuff road ahead to do that. It surely is if we can't just be friendly. How many times have I heard how a kid got turned off to collecting because of the way he was treated by a dealer? Well it goes the same for a collector getting turned off by how he is treated by another collector. Some said this board is a lot better as far as attacks and bitterness than CU. That may be but why can't we be the best board period and bring more people into this hobby despite the many differences of opinions.