View Single Post
Old 04-16-2006, 09:20 AM
Administrator

Default test- would you pay more from me graded vs non

Posted By: Charlie O'Neal

I actually overlook cards that are ungraded. When throwing money out for the cards I enjoy I go after graded ones since in the end there will be no suprises. While you (or any other seller) may state that the card is in Good conditon who's to say that it's not been altered ot trimmed. In the experiences that I have had over the years weither it's a T206 or 2006 if the card has any value at all and is ungraded I assume that any grade associated with that card is over graded. With so many cards that are out there that are actually over graded and people becoming more leary of buying ungraded cards, by selling graded you give they buyer peice of mind and will be able to push your cards out at a faster rate.

A good example of over grading: I was in a card shop last year and looking for some T206's and the guy only had one. He pulled it out stating the card was in EX conditon and that he's let it go today for $150. After looking at the card for about 2 sec. I was not interested b/c the back of the card had paper loss that probably would not show up in a scan and there was also a small pencil mark on the back of the card. If he would have sold it on the web he peobably would have been able to sell it in EX condition b/c the defects of the card probably would not show up in a scan.

Just thought I would give you my thought process for seeing ungraded cards on the web so you can make your decision. Also to most people $100 is alot of money for an ungraded card. Since it is very easly to get burned these days.