View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 11:52 AM
Eric
Eric

Default Share something you don't see everyday and a story about it if there is one

In an effort to have a thread that is just positive and shows off some cards or card related items, I thought it would be fun to post something you have that is either rare or uncommon that some may have not seen and share a story of how you got it if there is one. So, I will start- Here is a M101-2 Sporting News supplement of Honus Wagner and Ty Cobb. Probably my all-time favorite baseball image. I posted a thread looking for one of these at least once if not 2 or 3 times over the years with no luck. I saw this on eBay from Greg Morris Cards and I bid on it and then it was pulled. I was super bummed. I contacted them through the board and said I was frustrated that it wasn't available. They said the description was wrong and they wanted to start the listing over so that the listing was accurate. Item relisted and I got it. It is a really cool piece. Not the best shape but when you don't see very many, you are just happy to own one! Hopefully a few more or a lot more will share stories and cards/ premiums/postcards/whatever

[IMG][/IMG]