View Single Post
Old 06-13-2022, 10:23 PM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
I assume you missed bullet number #1 and bullet number #3?
According to almost every major study on the issue, Americans use their firearms defensively between 500,000 and 3 million times each year.
One would think if that were true, that I would know at least ONE person who knew ONE? Figuring in for my clueless youth, 50 x 500000 = 25,000,000. 50 x 3000000 = 150,000,000. Isn't the high estimate nearly 3% of every gun owner in the US every year?? That suggests either some people finding reasons to "defend", the need for training, or grandiose self reporting.

I'm only 3 degrees of separation from Kevin Bacon, for chrissakes.

I own a handgun. Not 10, or 20, or 46. My FIL owns over 200. He thinks every time Amazon comes up his driveway, the only reason they didn't rape him is because he carries his gun. Probably reports every interaction as "Using his firearm for a defensive purpose".

I am a competitive person who has tried to, if not be the best at whatever he attempts, try to the best of my ability. Baseball, fishing, poker, driving, and father, son, friend. They haven't all been successes, but currently, my gunplay ranks pretty high. It might work it might not. I did what I could.

BTW, those that lobby against magazine limitations, claim that the time to swap in a live fire situation and MOST importantly, the added hassle and cost of purchasing extra equipment
, are the biggest objections of magazine limitations. 80% of those who are upset about it are "recreational users". Understandably, just as if you went to a bowling alley and the didn't have enough 16lb balls. Pretty Disappointing. 3rd bullet point is slippery slope argument.

And finally, by definition, all amendments are up for revue. Part of the old process and all. By declaring that any current ruling represents the majority, is a fallacy., 40% gun owners are out voted by 210,000,000 citizens. Whwt happens next? Billions to convince that you next encounter WILL result in your sexual domination unless you support 50 round magazines.