View Single Post
Old 08-08-2020, 04:46 PM
Howard Chasser

Default Thanks Brian!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1961 View Post
Well, Howard, at least Fred was kind enough to make you aware of a the single-serving Post Cereal Koufax box. You are correct, of course, about the possibility of a 1962 JELL-O box with Roberto. I don't recall if the early 80's find of '62 JELL-O unfolded boxes included one of Mr. Clemente. I will search the scan I have from David Kathman----YES, Lew Lipset's 1985 SCD ad shows a 1962 JELL-O unfolded Strawberry box with #173 Clemente as the free prize. Mr. Lipset wanted $235 at the time. For reference, he wanted $250 for Henry Aaron.

Being the ad was from 35 years ago, it would be difficult, to say the least, to track down what's become of that blue diamond Roberto Clemente. Ah, forget about it, bro; bask in your happiness of now owning those regal rare Clemente and Mantle 1960 Bazooka boxes. They are special, to be sure, and I'm sure happy for you, bro.

--- Brian Powell
That's an awesome starting point on the 62 Jello box! More than I had to go on for the Bazookas. There is a whole back stroy to the Clemente Alpha bits box that Fred has.

Brian if you would be so kind to send me the scan of the Lipset Ad that would be awesome (hcv123@att.net).

I hope no one decided to cut it along the way to try to get a "10"!