View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 07:58 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
I hate to bump an old thread, but I was looking through some T206s, came across Dunn and wondered if this could have been a horizontal? I tried to search first to see if it had ever been discussed and stumbled across this thread.

From Google: When he was nine, a boxcar ran over his left arm while playing at a local railway. He was told by doctors that his arm had to be either amputated or risk death. He declined an amputation, but his arm was left crippled from above the elbow and couldn't lift the arm above his neck.

If the card is to be considered a vertical, his arms are clearly above his neck which would make no sense. Therefore, I'm of the opinion that he is diving for a ball and the card is a horizontal. I know some (maybe most) will disagree, but it is a possibility.

Thoughts?
I know it has been mentioned in other threads about this but I think the picture is diagonal. I believe picture may have been treated the same way the bender from t206themonster.com.

So if you take what we know about the Bender tree picture and apply to how we know Mays did his basket catch you can see that his arms would be more out in front of him and not over his head as they appear on the card.