View Single Post
Old 08-16-2022, 09:22 AM

Congrats, I saw them in the same auction and was going to bid but unfortunately I wasn't available.

They won't "grade them" but will classify them by type and encapsulate them. I have several photographs that I've sent them. If they require an oversized holder there is an upcharge of $30, and $50 to classify them. Without seeing them in person, I'm guessing the deckle edge are type 1 snapshots. They are definitely not team issued - any team issued photos are classified as type III.

The problem with sending them to PSA is they go to the NJ branch and are NEVER logged in until they are ready to be sent back. I've got an autographed Chief Bender photo and an autographed Cal Hubbard photo with them that were delivered on Jun 3 and are still not logged in. The only way you have of knowing they have received them is your tracking from USPS, UPS, etc. It worries the hell out of me every time. The same issues with autographed items exists with PSA in CA. With that said, since they are not autographed the turn around is approximately 2 - 3 months. If they were autographed it will be much longer.

Yes, I have emailed CS several times requesting the status and have called a couple of times. They are so overwhelmed that I haven't even made it into the que for a call back! The que for the day is full by the time I call. I might stand a better chance if I were on the East coast or try at 4 in the morning but that's not going to happen.

Regardless - good luck! I would definitely have Robinson, Snider and Reese photos classified. From experience, if you're going to sell them and maximize your profit - get them classified.