View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 10:06 AM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Klein View Post
In very simple terms (and because this is a generality this does not apply to everyone in the same way), many people who did not need money had....

Rich
A lot of the first two rounds of stimulus checks ended up in various investments - including the stock market. Many stocks and bonds require XXXX number of dollars. When that magically showed up in the spring, people could buy into Apple, Tesla, Amazon....you name it. Investors are already warning a third round of stimulus, worth $2000 might be detrimental to the stock market. I think that's baloney, because people want to buy low, but we'll see. At least for me it would help my retirement funds which work on averages.

People may have other bills to pay, but they also were looking ahead to their future. And I always think that's a good thing.
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo