View Single Post
Old 05-24-2021, 10:56 PM
Pete S.

I have never loaned any part of my card collection. Although I actually may be doing so with some of my college football collection this summer/fall to a major university.

However I have a rare statue collection and I have loaned pieces in the past for public display. Others here have already given excellent advice about paperwork/contracts/agreements.

In terms of insurance I always have my own. I don’t solely rely on the museum or institution nor do I ask them to pay for my insurance. Since my items are already covered at my cost it’s nothing additional to have them covered as part of the loan. I notify my collectible insurance provider ahead of time, provide them the agreement of loan and they actually update my policy to continue coverage of the items in the new location. They ask for basic info about security etc. They also provide coverage for transit of the items in case something was lost/broken on the way to/from. Just a tip to always make sure your insurer knows your items are loaned.

Last edited by swabie2424; 05-24-2021 at 11:20 PM.