View Single Post
Old 05-24-2021, 08:53 PM
Val Kehl

Mike, if the items you are lending to the museum for its exhibit have substantial value, the museum may not have the resources to pay you should there be a substantial loss. Hence the need for insurance coverage, as already mentioned in this thread. If I were in your shoes, I would request a certificate of insurance from the ins. carrier, and I would probably ask to be added as an additional named insured on the ins. policy. I would also want something in writing that states the perils covered and the perils excluded by the ins. policy. I am not an insurance expert, but I believe that even so-called "all risk" policies often exclude certain perils, such as flood and/or earthquake. If you do not feel comfortable with the coverage afforded by the museum's policy, you might look into obtaining your own ins. coverage, to be paid for by the museum.
Seeking very scarce/rare cards for my Sam Rice master collection, e.g., E210 York Caramel Type 2 (upgrade), 1931 W502, W504 (upgrade), W572 sepia, W573, W575-1 E. S. Rice version, 1922 Haffner's Bread, 1922 Keating Candy, 1922 Witmor Candy Type 2 (vertical back), 1926 Sports Co. of Am. with ad & blank backs. Also T216 Kotton "NGO" card of Hugh Jennings. Also 1917 Merchants Bakery & Weil Baking cards of WaJo.