View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseballcrazy62 View Post
I have had this box for a while and finally sent it in to PSA. Really happy with the grade but wish they had secured it a little better inside the holder.
Bravo, Mike. As far as I can see, it came out Near Mint 7, which is super, though I don't see why it would not have been more accurate to put it an 8, 9, or even 10.

My advice on the position of the card is to gently bump the holder against your palm, and when you get the box centered the way you like, leave it alone.

As one who owns a pair of 1962 JELL-O unfolded boxes, I can truly understand why you're so thrilled with it. You should be. They are rare as hen's teeth. The '62 JELL-Os are underrated, misunderstood, and underappreciated. It has SLOWLY become confirmed that for 1962, they were test issued in the Chicagoland area, as well as Milwaukee. I covered them in the first chapter of my book, NEVER CHEAPER BY THE DOZEN. Anyway, an unfolded box is extraordinary, period. Congratulations.

If you don't mind taking the time to discuss, where did you get that precious Pinson unfolded box? Did you get any background information from the gent you bought it from that you will share? Please, I would be very interested.

Regardless, thanks for sharing your bounty with us. Glad too that PSA has finally decided to encapsulate AND numerically grade such prize pieces!

Have a swell day, bro. ---- Brian Powell