View Single Post
Old 06-01-2019, 01:39 PM
Andrew Hunt00n

I started in the 80's with modern (at the time) but always wanted vintage cards. I used to read Beckett back then and saw the prices for star vintage cards and was discouraged away from vintage thinking I wouldn't be able to afford any of it. I really wanted T206 cards but thought they were really tough to find and would have been too expensive even if I did find them. Fast forward to like 15 years ago or more and I got my first T206 I was hooked on prewar. Then I found the old Network 54 boards and joined there and it was all about prewar for me. I then found out that had I just looked for T206s at the shows in the 80's I would've found them and they would've been pretty cheap. I was very disappointed that I missed out on them back when I was a kid. Those are what I really wanted back then. Oh well. I've been a prewar/vintage collector at heart since the beginning I guess. I do still pick up a modern pack every now and then just to open them and see who I get. But I give away most of those modern cards to other collectors.

The Great T206 Back Stamp Project: Click Here
My Online Trading Site: Click Here
Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club www.oldbaseball.com
My Humble Blog: Click Here