Thread: October pickups
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2022, 04:16 PM
Hank Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
Just picked this up for a friend. I collect SF Giants...my buddy collects Giants and Niners. I'd like to get your thoughts... The seller listed this as "salesman's sample." Strangely enough, another popped up on ebay a few days later. That seller is calling his a "showroom sample." Well, I watch enough Antiques Roadshow to know about salesman's samples. Thing is, those samples tend to be furniture or machinery. Would a bread company really put out a "sample"? Wouldn't they just wrap their bread in whatever and send it out to stores? Would General Mills test the waters on commemorative Wheaties boxes or would they just send them out? I will say, the paper seems vintage. It does not seem like someone printed it out recently. The paper feels like it is wrapped around a block of foam. What do you guys think?
Definitely good, maybe there was a find. Griffith Stadium in D.C. was in the middle of a bread factory district, and everybody that ever went there remembers the heavenly smell of bread baking in the neighborhood, including the ballpark. I also remember eating miniature loaves of bread there, similar to yours. I think they were given away as promotions, and no bread has ever tasted as good in my life. Nothing else, just plain old white bread direct from the factory. Perhaps yours is the Seals Stadium version of that.