View Single Post
Old 08-15-2020, 04:09 PM
Kev1n @1les

I'm at the same exact place. I have all sets back to 48 Bowman except the three big ones - 49 Bowman, 51 Bowman and 52 Topps. I have been reticent to add to the collection if I am going to turn around and liquidate the sets into a few waterfront cards because it would not make sense to pay buyer's premium and then turn around and sell with commission (if it at an AH or Ebay). My 54 is my pride and joy as well. All HOFers are at least PSA 6. I bought right on my Aaron in 2015 and that set alone would bring a pretty penny. I also have all of the HOFers in '55 and '56 in PSA 6 as well.

I have worked so hard to buy right and upgrade along the way, it would be painful to get rid of them - but the ones that have the most value are the ones that mean the most to me, so if I just kept those then it would defeat the purpose because I would guess that at least a quarter if not a third of the value of my collection in those three sets alone.

While it appears that the collection is increasing in value, it is not keeping up with the increase in value of the cards that I would pursue to take their place. I also want to make sure that it would be a seamless transition and would not be tempted to put the money into something other than cards... so the dilemma continues...

Good luck with your decision. I know that it has been driving me a little crazy lately and I have almost totally stopped collecting this past year and that is not what I want to do either.

53-55 Red Mans Complete Set