View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 03:52 PM

Default Earl Moore vintage signed GPC- Rare turn of the century no-hit pitcher signature

I just picked up this terrific vintage fountain pen signed GPC of early no-hit twirler Earl Moore.

Moore has proven to be an extremely elusive autograph to find, so I am very happy to add this to my collection of no-hit pitcher signatures.
Many thanks to net54 board member Jim Stinson.

In 1901 Earl Moore pitched 9 innings of no-hit ball vs. the Chicago White Sox before eventually surrendering a hit in the 10th inning. Moore was the tough luck loser in this game. As such, Moore became the first pitcher to ever lose a no-hitter in the 20th century.

Moore pitched for several teams including AL Cleveland (Blues, Broncos, Naps), NY Highlanders, NL Philadelphia Phillies, Chicago Cubs and the Buffalo Blues (Federal League) in his 14 year career that ended in 1914.

BTW, if anyone is interested in adding a tough vintage signature to your collection, I have a very nice fountain pen signed cut of Moore that I just upgraded with this GPC. Please send me a PM if you are interested.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Earl Moore signed 1951 GPC 001.jpg (68.1 KB, 525 views)
File Type: jpg Earl Moore 1914 Buffalo Blues Federal League 001.jpg (67.7 KB, 489 views)

Last edited by Scott Garner; 12-02-2013 at 07:29 AM.