View Single Post
Old 04-06-2019, 05:12 PM
Adam Yastrzemski

I use PayPal every day. I get paid through them for several thousand dollars every month. Most of the money is held there. I use that money to pay others. I pay for all of my postage through them. I pay for items because I have funds sitting there. I contribute a good amount of business both buying and selling every day. When PayPal leaves eBay I may never use it again. I have no reason to. So, for me, my activity goes to zero or very little when the change takes place. They won’t be holding any more of my money. I will keep an account open in case someone wants to pay that way but outside of eBay it’s infrequent. But that’s just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polakoff View Post
You also have to remember that Paypal doesn't pay folks interest, but does earn interest on the money it holds. I don't know numbers (and maybe there's a way to find this information) but if they are holding $1b worth of money for users, not providing them with interest, but earning interest on that money themselves, that's a revenue stream that will not dry up.