View Single Post
Old 04-04-2019, 11:08 AM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by savedfrommyspokes View Post
I see now that on May 7th that this change will go into effect. I typically complete a few refunds daily for overpayments in s/h (due to the buyer checking out multiple times instead of once). I already do not refund back the 10% ebay charges for a s/h FVF, so with this PP change I will now refund 3% less back for overpayments. 99% of my refunds are for this reason.

However, I agree that someone being spiteful could simply request a refund to cost the seller their 3% back in fees. If it is obvious that this is the reason for the refund, a trip to the BBL will follow.

Announcements like this from paypal seem to continue to drive their stock price, so probably more changes coming in the months to come. At least the change was not an increase in the existing fees though.

Currently, eBay does not refund any fees based on an overpayment of the S/H. For example: A buyer wins 2 items on Weds. night. S/H for the 2 items is $5.10. Buyer makes 2 payments and pays S/H of $4.25 for each item which comes to $8.50 in S/H. eBay will charge 10% on the $8.50 which comes to $.85. I then refund the overpayment of $3.40. eBay should refund $.34 to me but they don't. I now have to call them up and explain what happened.
If this happened once in awhile, then I am not going to cry over it. But this happens several times a week. After a while it adds up.
I remind buyers all the time to wait for an updated invoice but many just don't care. Moving forward, I decided to subtract the eBay fee from what I refund.

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard