View Single Post
Old 04-04-2019, 10:21 AM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yastrzemski Sports View Post
That’s an excellent point. It happens to me a couple times a year. For me, most of my sales are small (under $10). PayPal has never returned their transaction fee so the percent doesn’t really matter - it is usually pennies. The 30 cents is the big hit. It would definitely affect a larger sale. The problem is if you accept refunds then the buyer can tell you to ship then return it and you have to pay shipping at least one way and eat the pp fee.

Thanks to the op. I did not realize that happened.

This is an escalation in the pissing match between eBay and PayPal. PayPal reeks of desperation because they know they will be out of business within a few years. They have decided to abandon all customer service and care - and grab as much cash as they can on the way out. I still accept PayPal but this, in addition to the discussion last month about returns, makes me want to switch if I didn’t think it would cost me a ton of business. Their recent policy changes show they are bitter and don’t care about your troubles with eBay if it is going to cost them money.
Paypal isn't going anywhere. They are accepted on millions of websites. I think this has more to do with people trying to circumvent fees, which has always been an issue.

Let's say you buy a card from me and pay via paypal, then one of us contacts the other (either direction, doesn't matter) to offer or ask for a better price if we do it off-site, or as F & F. I refund your payment and we re-conclude the sale, screwing paypal out of their fees.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions