View Single Post
Old 11-17-2022, 06:32 AM
P@trick R.omolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
Hi Corey

I share your sentiments.....sheets are certainly "special". My Sportscards collection includes many uncut sheets (from 1928 - 1966).
An example from my collection is this unique complete sheet.....that tells us the story of why certain FB cards in this set are scarcer
than others.

Regarding these two famous T206's.....there is NO mystery about them, they were both cut from the same uncut sheet.**
-----

Gretzky Wagner-------------------------------------Charlie Conlin Plank

Note ** My research indicates that the original uncut sheet that these two cards were on was first discovered in Long Island, NY (Suffolk County).
Several other T206 Wagner cards were also discovered in that area. This is not as unusual as it may sound, since Joseph Palmer Knapp (American
Lithographic Co. President) had a Summer home in Mastic Beach, Long Island.

TED Z

T206 Reference
Ted, this post is perfect for the thread because it's exactly what the thread is about. I enjoy the hobby talk and stories but many of them are bits and pieces of information that culminate into several versions created from misinformation. You say the sheet originated in NY but the early information is what I posted that it originated at a Florida flea market but you haven't responded about where you came up with the NY information.

Same thing with the Wagner and Plank coming from the same previously uncut sheet if they did IMO it wasn't a regular production sheet. Just like a picture is worth a thousand words the cards themselves tell the true story and all the information we have from the cards indicates that those two subjects weren't on the same sheet. When you look at the back information on the Plank it indicates a late addition to the set very much like Crawford (throwing) to me it shows he was added right around the time Crawford was and was pulled shortly after while Crawford continued though to the end of the print group 1 printing.