Thread: DOMINO DISCS
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2005, 09:35 PM
Administrator

Default DOMINO DISCS

Posted By: Mike Pugeda

Wade,

There are four color variations that exist as you have stated-red,green,blue,and brown or what I always called sepia. In addition, each player has two variations. Ty Cobb and Frank Baker are reported to have three variations each. I know for a fact that there are three different Cobbs as I have seen all 3, but I have yet to see the third Baker variation.
There is also a home/visitor team disc which I have only seen a couple of times on ebay in the past few years.

I have a complete set (one of each player) and am roughly half way through the second variation set but that has been put on the back burner as I had been trying to complete other sets.

I don't have any scans available, sorry. Also, PSA is the only company I have seen grade them and they seem to bring much higher prices when graded highly as would be expected.

When I first started collecting them, I found them to be a little difficult to find, but lately more have been popping up on e-bay. But after completing, I have not followed them as closely as years past.

Hope this helps. Mike