View Single Post
Old 07-31-2021, 06:36 PM

Default fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalman View Post
I know much has been written about how honorably Brian conducts business, but in a hobby where most of the discussion focuses on bad actors, I feel like another positive story can’t hurt.

A couple months ago, I received a call from Brian who wanted to share some “bad news.” He informed me that the Blowout folks had just outed a card (1915 CJ Alexander SGC 8.5) as trimmed, a card I had won a year earlier for just under $20k. Without any hesitation, Brian offered a complete refund, which I accepted. I honestly don’t know what Brian’s recourse is, or if he’s likely to eat that amount. What I do know is that, if he hadn’t proactively reached out to me, I would have never known. He could have easily just waited for me to bring up the issue if I ever discovered it. And I don’t believe he was under any legal obligation to make things right. Bottom line, he wanted to do the right thing for one customer and the hobby, even at the expense of his bottom line. It’s a long term play, for sure, but as far as my future business is concerned, the long term returns will be fruitful.

Thank you, Brian and team.

Sets a standard for others to follow.