Thread: Reprints
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2002, 09:36 AM
Administrator

Default Reprints

Posted By: fkw707

Thats one of the better reprints..... if it indeed is one. It has characteristics of a real card, along with some of the reprints. Most fake Cracker Jacks are from the "176 Picture" series (E145-2 1915), and are very easy to tell a fake from the real deal. This card is a 1914, and tougher to tell, as the backs of the real 1914 cards are printed normal (bottom edge of the back and front, are the same edge). Real 1915's are printed upside down, so they are easy to tell a fake (fakes are not upside down). The second way to tell a fake is to look at the light parts of the uniform where they touch the white border. Real cards will have the uniform blend into the border without a line, as the natural paper color was used for the light/white parts of the card (no ink). Most all fake Jacksons will have a distinct line where the uniform touches the border on right border, this one doesnt. The scuffs make it look like it is a reprint, but maybe the scuffs are newer, and the paper hasnt had time to age, and change color?? But then the borders look too wide to me too, and the staining (corner) doesnt go through to the front. But then the caption and paper quality looks real to me. ??? I wouldnt bid, just because its going to go too high and I dont like to be ripped off. This is a good reprint if it is one. Frank