View Single Post
Old 11-23-2020, 11:14 AM
Tim Odeen

You have a bunch of new/returning collectors who want to buy the players they see on tv. They might not have experience with players whose cards start high, then steadily decrease in price over the years as newer phenoms are introduced (Ichiro, Pujols, Griffey, Arod, Bonds). As these newbies gain experience and see "value" of their collection depreciate, they will eventually realize why other collectors buy vintage: cards have stopped losing value, remain stable, or prices steadily increase. My LCS has three rooms of cards, yet just one case of vintage. He can't get vintage as easily as he can obtain newer product, and so it appears as if he caters to vintage. My other LCS doesn't sell cards at all, I don't even know how he remains open selling 400ct boxes, holders, and binders. But he must have plenty of business - he's been open 20 years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo