View Single Post
Old 06-16-2020, 01:37 AM
Scott M.@.r.k.s.

6-14

Pickup #2 is a 1962 Post Cereal card, and it has always been amongst my favorites.
This is yet another "bright" card, that I knew I would definitely include. I have always thought the red and yellow just popped, and the overall look and colors on this card are just fantastic.

As many of you know, these being "hand cut" can lead to all sorts of problems at times. Bunches of these on Ebay seem to have cut issues, and finding one at a very low price often leads to a ton of problems with this particular card. Poor border hand cuts, wrinkles and creases, dull color and focus issues, and several other problems are widespread with this card.....and most ALL Post cards it seems.
Now, the hand cut on this one isn't great, (but its not as bad as it looks in this picture) but the thing that stood out on this one to me , is the color on this one looks great and thats why I ultimately pulled the trigger.

Geesh, there was a light over towards the right side in this picture, and it causes the card to look washed out a bit and there is a definite glare along the right side. It also looks like it was sitting up on the blanket at an angle, so the picture certainly isn't the best.

It looks far better in person, and even though its yet another pick up that's definitely not "minty fresh", its right in my wheelhouse for this project.

I already have picked up another card, but it may be another day or two before it arrives.

Also let it be known that I finally picked up a copy of "Clemente: The Passion and Grace of Baseballs Last Hero by David Maraniss".
I had actually been wanting to pick up this book, but just never did the last few years.
Although I am very familiar with much of his story, I'm betting it will be a great read. So many people have recommended it to me and told me to get a copy, I just had to finally go ahead and snag me one.

I will add in my newest pickup in the next couple of days.......

Successful deals with - "HCV123"/Howard Chasser, "ejstel" , "mzljapan" , "aronbenabe" , "Santo10Fan" , " Robextend", "rjackson44", "Wanaselja", "eliminator", "Dboneesq" , "Oneofthree67", "Lucas00", "ccre" , "D. Bergin" and several others.

Last edited by DJCollector1; 06-17-2020 at 01:46 AM.