View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 07:09 PM
P. Sp.ec.tor

Default SOLD: Babe Ruth 1921 Exhibit *Could be nice for the entry level Ruth collector)

SOLD I had a very nice 1921 Exhibit arcade display that has since suffered water damage. Some card came away with water damage while others did not, with Ruth being of the latter. I decided to salvage what I could by removing the cards to sell individually, knowing there was no way I was going to get around back damage (except a Sisler who fell off by himself...I think when Ichiro broke his single-season hit record)

I soon discovered that all 16 cards (4 across,4 down) had been trimmed (except a Sisler) to fit the width of the display (sounds like a backward way of doing things, I know) but the height, 5 3/8" measures correctly in all cards. You can call them "factory cut", "factory altered for display purposes", etc.

Babe's width is about 1/8" or so short. Top-left corner soft, and waggles. Bottom right slightly touched. No creases, wrinkles, and again no water damage.

Of the remainders, of which there are a few low-tier HOF, I will happily toss in a couple to the buyer. Some have survived quite nicely, sans the backs of course.

SOLD USD $225.00 includes US-only shipping in a USPS cushion mailer w/tracking.
PP FF please.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RUTH 1921 EXHIBIT-FB.jpg (52.2 KB, 184 views)

Last edited by Paul S; 05-22-2018 at 07:36 PM.