View Single Post
Old 04-27-2022, 03:02 PM
Dave

Just a heads up. Sold a Boxing Cabinet Card on Ebay. I listed it in the Trading Card section, because I thought that was the best audience for it.

I was happy with the result.

It went for high enough of a price, it had to be shipped to the Authentication program, before going to the buyer.

I figured they could authenticate a simple Cabinet card.

Just got this message back from them:

Quote:
We wanted to let you know that your item is on the way to your buyer, but unfortunately we can’t provide our Authenticity Guarantee. The item was miscategorized in your listing and isn’t eligible for this service. This may be disappointing for your buyer, so we recommend you check the item category on any of your other listings to help make sure this doesn’t happen again.

In the meantime, we’ll notify your buyer and let them know their order is on the way. If you have any questions or concerns, just get in touch. We’re here to help.

Thanks for being part of the eBay community.
They are sending it on anyways, so not a big deal...just a heads up they are not "Authenticating" Cabinet cards...but if you list in the Trading cards section it will still have to go through that extra layer of service to get where it's going.

I know technically I could have listed in the "Memorabilia - Photographs" section, but thought that would be counter-intuitive to getting a strong price and reaching the right bidders.

This is assuming, I'm guessing at the exact reason they rejected it from their program. Could be something else for all I know. Ebay's not known for being the most transparent company in the world.