View Single Post
Old 01-04-2024, 03:39 PM
Fred

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulus View Post
I wouldn't sweat it. I think even us hardcore set registry goons acknowledge the folly in our approach, and in moments of extreme omphaloskepsis may question whether it's wise to continue to climb this ladder.

Although truth be told, I suspect that when you get up into 7 figures, most of the time you're probably not really dealing with hard core set registry collectors. It's probably a much smaller subset of "investor-class" collectors, who are less focused on completing sets in high grades, and more focused on "number go up".
That makes sense.

If I were an "investor-class" collector (which aint gonna happen unless I win a HUGE Powerball jackpot), then I'd be looking at other cards besides Topps and Bowman because I would figure those cards are more plentiful than some of the true rarities like the W600s or E107s. It's probably a good thing I'm not in the "investor-class" because I'd probably lose my butt on the "investment", but I'd sure own some cool cards!